Azure Cloud & Deliverability Engineer
Cloud systems management and deliverability engineer
We're growing, and looking to add talent to our team!
Are you passionate about solving complex issues? If you possess a strong systems administration background and want to create some wonderful new applications, tools and features - this is an interesting opportunity for you.
You’ll be part of a fast-growing technology focused organization with people who come from different backgrounds, countries, and experience. We believe in investing in our people, building positive relationships with our customers, and treating our work like craft. We prioritize diversity, inclusion and building a community, and we stay humble and hungry.
As an Azure Cloud & Deliverability Engineer, you will manage the Azure SaaS cloud environment, handle the build & release process, and oversee code management. This includes designing new code deployment processes, enhancing our ability to monitor within Azure, and troubleshooting issues that arise. This engineer will also oversee security & disaster recovery and assist with end user technology setup.
- Design, implement, manage and support Azure application infrastructure (SaaS, Database, Storage). This also includes continuous integration, deployment and build scripting and management.
- Write application deployment automation using industry standard deployment and configuration tools. Scripted automation of deployments via GitHub Deployment pipelines.
- Design and maintain a release management strategy supporting an always-on 24/7 environment with a focus on performance and scalability.
- Ensure cloud solutions are secure, scalable, resilient, monitored, auditable and cost optimized. Regularly evaluates existing cloud infrastructure to identify risks or opportunities for improvement.
- Provide Azure systems support including the creation, management and ultimately responding to monitoring alerts. Monitor, analyze, and report performance statistics, with a focus on increasing proactive monitoring across the environments.
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across multiple platforms (dev/test/prod)
- Implement and stay abreast of Cloud and DevOps industry best practices and tooling. Evaluates new cloud technologies and makes substantiated recommendations for improvement.
- Support development teams in technical questions of continuous integration/continuous delivery, delivery organizations.
- Create and document disaster recovery plan.
- Participate in after-hours upgrades and troubleshooting activities, as required.
Key Education, Expertise, Skills and Traits
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- 3+ years as a DevOps or System Administrator (Azure preferred)
- 5+ years Experience with configuration management tools
- Knowledge of Azure SaaS architecture and services (web apps, Azure database, Azure logic apps, storage services, cloud security, monitoring, Microsoft App Insights, Microsoft Azure Log Analytics, PowerShell).
- Understanding of troubleshooting web-based applications hosted on the Microsoft stack.
- Understanding of troubleshooting web-based applications hosted on the Microsoft stack (SaaS)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, GitHub preferred
- Experience with Azure DevOps and Pipelines and configuration management tools
- Working knowledge of SQL Server
- Deploying .NET applications and websites
- A working knowledge of .Net (C# preferred)
- Understanding around build pipeline scripting, preferably between GitHub and Azure.
- Exposer on Azure Logic Apps/Azure Functions and scripting Languages HTML/XML as well as Azure DevOps API’s and Azure DevOps Extensions.
- Business Continuity or Disaster Recovery planning experience, a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously in a virtual work environment
- Ability to work in an ever-changing environment across multiple timezones, ability to connect the dots and make decisions on your own feet.
- Detail oriented, team player with an ability to work with minimal direction and exercise sound judgement
- Handle off-hours work, including releases and emergencies
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills and willingness to “dive deep”
- Extraodinary communication skills
- Critical eye for detail, and pride in what you do
- Positive attitude
- Able to multitask effectively
- Able to adapt quickly to changing client requirements
- Able to work within a globally distributed team
What You Can Expect From Us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business, working remotely. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, gearbox.work is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
We'd love to hear from you, if you believe you can complement the team in a unique way.
Send us your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing AZURE-CLOUD-ADM